Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, March 9, 2015

Huzzah!!!

March 9, 2015

Hello family,
Okay we had a great experience with our investigator, Angela, this week. I will get to that in a bit, but this whole week was a great one. We were able to be solely in our area, which has not happened in weeks. This was refreshing for Elder Kelly and I, it was just one of those weeks that the sun was shining, lessons went through, and were just happy to be missionaries.

So on to the “huzzah” part. We had a lesson with Angela this last Tuesday, we had planned to go over lesson three with her, and invite her to be baptized. It was something that we have been praying for a long time, since she is ready. We got to there, started our small talk for a little bit, then the lesson started. We were so anxious to get to the baptism invitation; we kind of rushed through the first two points, so we could get to talking about baptism. The moment of truth came where we asked her to exercise her faith in the Savior and be baptized. She didn’t even have to hesitate, she just told us, “well I work on the 14th, so I guess that means the 21st is when I should be baptized.” Do you know those moments you are so excited, but you don’t want to shout, so you just make some weird grunting noises and do many fist pumps? Well, that was me. I was so happy for her! I have seen her from day one, and seen how much she has changed. She just laughed us and told us that she had already planned on the 21st of this month, but waited for us to invite her, as she knew we always did at the end of each lesson. Thank goodness we invited her. This experience made us randomly bust out some dance moves, because of how excited we are. It was just too good.

I had my last interview with President, before my departing interview, which happens a few days before the plane ride. It was such a good interview. I have really come to love President Nicholas. I have been told that when an Apostle assigns you to a mission, they don’t necessarily think of what area needs you, but what Mission President you need. I can testify that President and Sister Nicholas is exactly who I needed. I hang on to every word he says, trying to learn everything possible from him. I will not be able to thank him enough when I leave. In the interview, he helped me find that extra gear that I need for this last transfer.

I am looking forward to another huzzah week in Canada. Great things are going to be happening in our area and in the mission. I am staying focused, working hard, and preaching the gospel of peace. I love you!

Hurrah for Israel,
Elder Browning III

No comments:

Post a Comment