Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

16 Down 1 to Go

March 3, 2015

Hello family,

Another transfer has come and gone. It was a very busy two weeks but we are now through our busiest time. To think that I am on my last transfer kind of scares me, but puts a fire underneath me as well. There are still many things that I need to learn/do in a very small amount of time. I got to take three of my companions to the airport, Elders Bjarnson, Engstrom, and Jackman. This really hit me thinking that I am only six weeks behind them. Game time!
Elder Kelly and I get to spend most of this transfer in our own area, which we are very excited about. We have some good things that are going to start happening here very soon. We are working with one main investigator right now who is progressing very well. She is reading the Book of Mormon every day, comes to church every Sunday, and even goes to an institute class. We are meeting with her tomorrow in hopes of leaving that lesson with a baptismal date for her. We are so excited for her. She has come so far in learning the gospel; I have been able to see her desires change for the better. She will be baptized, I just hope it is while I am still in this area.

I have made a goal this transfer, which is to not let anyone know that exact amount of time that I have been serving. Anytime I tell someone, all they want to do is make me trunky it seems. I can’t have none of that! So, I have resorted to the trick of “I have been out just over a year.” So far it works with the old folk, but the YSA know that trick to well… But I am determined to not let anyone know that I have fewer months than some missionaries have years. Elder Kelly is helping me with this, as anytime he thinks I am feeling a little trunkier for that particular moment, he is quick to pull me from it. I love it. The work of Salvation is at hand, home can wait.

In reality, I am excited to come home. I am also looking forward to seeing the experiences that I will have this last transfer. As I put my trust in Him, work hard, obedient, humble, and willing to accept His will, it is all going to work out for the better. There are a few minutes on the clock still. I don’t quit until I hear the buzzer. Game on!

Hurrah for Israel,
Elder Browning III


Got to go to the Calgary Temple on Friday. 



Saying goodbye to Engy at the airport! See you in six weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment