Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Friday, December 5, 2014

Transfer Time


December 5, 2014

Hello family,

Wow, that was a stressful week. We just got done with transfers yesterday, this transfer was especially hectic. Elder Engstrom is in a new area, which means that I got a new companion. My new guy that I am serving with is Elder Kelly! He is the one that I froze to death with in Brooks, he was "born" into the Medicine Hat zone when I was there, so it is needless to say that I am well happy. He is from England, a stud, and a convert of two years. We are ready to get things moving!

President has made some big changes in this mission, ones that I can tell you more of over Skype (20 days away!), but one thing he did this transfer was to bring every missionary into the appropriate transfer stations. That is 225+ missionaries, it was nuts. We tried to get things started on time, but it was like herding cats. Almost the whole mission was transferred, the biggest transfer since President has been in this mission. New things are happening, which is just what this mission needs. President is so inspired, it is amazing to see how the spirit works through him.

With Christmas quickly approaching, the Church has come up with an initiative, that I am sure that you have seen/heard about. He is the Gift is a video that the Church has put out, which explains the true meaning of Christmas. I would encourage all to look up this video, and then share it via Facebook, Twitter, or on your blogs. It has been a great finding tool for us to use, while we are street contacting to ask people what they think Christmas is all about, what a better way to bring up Christ, but during Christmas?

Thank you for all of your love and support for me. I can feel God's help. Have a great week at home and Merry Christmas!

Hurrah For Israel,
Elder Browning III

No comments:

Post a Comment