Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, October 20, 2014

Smooth Sailing

October 19, 2014

Hello family,

Ah... This is the first time that we have been able to sit for the last week. It has been extremely busy this past week, but what else is new? Another transfer has come and gone. This one very quickly, as it was only a 5 week one. This next transfer will be a little longer, as it will be 7 weeks, to get us back on track.

Before the actual transfer day, we got to pick up the new missionaries, fresh from the MTC. This is one of my favorite parts of the whole week, being able to warm up our own desire by spending time around those with plenty of green flame. We got to take a new missionary with Elder Engstrom and I, we got to be "mini dads" for a few hours, it really made me want to train again. We took him straight downtown where we went street contacting and he did well. Passed out a Book of Mormon, talked with everyone he saw, and invited someone to be baptized. I loved being able to be around someone who is ready to learn and serve. It feels like I was in his shoes just a few days ago.

The actual transfer day went very well. Unlike the last 2 transfers, where things were very chaotic, President has figured out how to help things run smoother than ever. Only 4 new missionaries came in, which meant that this was going to be a small transfer, with not moving a lot of missionaries around. But in December we will be getting a total of 22 new missionaries. Maybe things will be a little bumpier next time...

As each week goes by, I start thinking of home a little more. I am not trying to, but I think it is just human nature for a 'nary to start freaking out when the time is getting near. Things that I thought were way in the future, are coming quick. Where am I going to go to school, who am I going to date, and where am I going to work, are thoughts that come into my mind as time approaches closer and closer. If there are any ideas on those questions that I have, do tell. I need all the help that I can get. But one thing still stands supreme in my mind and that is "who can we teach?" I am still focused!

Sorry for the late email... It can be hard to try to get time to email home, but we will do our best. Love you all! 

Elder Browning III



Beautiful B.C.




The largest dump truck in the world!




My favorite temple

No comments:

Post a Comment