Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, July 7, 2014

I Believe!

July 7, 2014

Hello family,

I am here on my computer stunned of what has happened back at home. That really shocked me, knowing that Prep is under some serious conditions, that are not good for anyone. The Lord works in mysterious ways, because I have had some interesting experiences as well this week...

The past week I have been thinking about the family a lot. It kept coming to my mind, believe it or not, the Christmas of 2012, the whole fiasco of  Prep with his kidneys. I felt like I needed to pray more often. So when I was praying, I started praying for the family, and Preston's name came up specifically (I usually go in order, Dad, Mom, etc.). This was weird to me, but I had a very sincere prayer for him. I remember specifically saying in my prayer "keep him healthy and safe from all troubles." I had know idea of why this happened, but all I knew was I needed to pray at that time. It was a miracle, because I said this prayer on Thursday afternoon, probably at the time you were trying to make the decision.

I know that I was prompted by the Holy Ghost to say that prayer, and was guided to say it right then. It was very distinct, almost like someone told me that I needed to pray, I remembered that we should be praying always. What a testimony builder for me, I am in awe. I can't help but think of how we were all praying as a family for Preston.

On a more not-as-nearly-important note, we had a wonderful miracle with Martina coming to church. Finally, she has put forth her faith and came to church. If she wants to be baptized on July 26th, she must come to church. We stopped by on Saturday night to talk to her telling her we can't keep coming over if she won’t keep her commitments. She then explained to us that she is scared of church, then we help her resolve it. Sunday morning came, we got to church early to see her, but no Martina. We were both very disappointed. Right before the Sacrament, she walked through the door! I wanted to jump up and scream "praise the Lord!" Haha, great tender mercy. We just need to keep up with her, then she can be baptized.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for promptings from the Comforter. I am so grateful that Prep is feeling much better. God works in many mysterious ways, I have learned. Ways you would never think were probable, but He always will make them work, as long as we are willing to act on the promptings. I love you all so much. Continue to have faith, I will do the same. My heart goes out for Preston...

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Browning



Canadian Spirit!






King of the junk


No comments:

Post a Comment