Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, June 9, 2014

Controllable Chaos

June 9, 2014

Hello family,

This week has been very... dysfunctional. Haha, it was a week where things didn't seem to come together as well as we would have liked. That is something that it has taken me time to learn because I like things to be organized and set in place. This is been the opposite on the mish. Everyday things get moved around and you have to learn how to, as I would say it, go where the wind blows you. It is a true concept that I have needed to learn, apparently. One that will hopefully last a lifetime.

The chaos all started when we decided to move apartments. We swapped with the Spanish Elders, because they were not getting along with the members that lived there, having our own place, we thought it would be better for everyone if we switched. It has seemed to work, but man was it a hassle. Multiple trips with just missionary junk, going back and forth, with little or no resting time. I didn't realize how much stuff one 'nary could have. It reminded me of all of the times we moved back home, I really never wanted that experience again, but I guess you have lots of experiences on the mish.

We weren't able to have much success with our gators this week. It has been really hard to meet with them, or to have them keep their commitments that we have been leaving. They have the desire to be baptized, but they aren't putting their hearts into it. Martina was in Calgary for the past couple of days, when she came back, she seemed to be really hesitant with us. We asked her about her reading the Book of Mormon, and of course, hasn't read it. We then testified of the truthfulness of that Godly book. That book is real! She has committed to read it, now we can only try everything we can to help her understand why we have her read it. That is what we explained, so she understands more of the meaning.

Got to go to Calgary again this weekend. It was the best MLC that I have ever attended. I realized that I have A LOT to improve on that is not just going to take time but effort to become a Christlike leader. If anyone has any advice on how to become a greater example, please let me know. The week might have been out-of-place but we learned how to make it into controllable chaos. Talk about ups and downs. But all is well. I love you all and thank you for your emails. I love reading them. Take care!

Hurrah for Israel,
Elder Browning III


True Canadian



Weed Whipper Champ


No comments:

Post a Comment