Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Come What May and Love It

May 6, 2014


Hello family,


Transfer P-Day has come, which seems like came quickly. I am happy to see this transfer come to a close, as this was a difficult one. Many things seem to go wrong, new area/people, and at times realizing that I still have a whole year left. It was just one of those six week periods that could've gone a lot quicker, and would have been just fine by me! But, as Elder Wirthlin would say, whatever gets put in our path, we need to learn how to adjust to it. It kinda stunk, but it's good for me, right Dad?


Transfers are tomorrow, Elder Bjarnson has been here for 3 transfers, so he was up for a transfer. We went to the computers this morning to find out where his destiny lies. We found out that he is staying! He will be here for 6 months, this is starting to become a bigger trend in the mish. We have a lot of work to do together, so let's get 'er done.


We had a very interesting Sunday. We have these two gators that are both from Liberia and seem very interested in the church. I was not with E. Bjarnson when he taught them, as I was on exchanges that day, but he told me that they are planning on attending church the very next day. They were on time, which was a relief, and we preceeded with fast and testimony meeting. Abdu, one of the gators asked if he could go up and say something... This is ALWAYS a scary question. But, we couldn't stop him, so he went up and started to ask questions like: "What is the difference between Mormon's and Muslims?" "What do you believe about life after death?" These are perfect questions, but not at the pulpit during testimony meeting. He wanted the answers now, he said. Our Branch President tried to explain that it wasn't the place, but he would not have it. I knew I had to do something, so I got up and basically ran to the front, almost yelling, "I can answer those for you, come with me!" It was a very stressful sacrament meeting, but we were able to answer all of his deep thinking questions. That was an experience that came, and I learned to love it. Laugh at it to be honest.


This last week we were also able to travel to Calgary. There we were able to have a great counsel meeting with President. I love President Nicholas. He is my role model, I wish I had his knowledge. I am so privileged to be able to be in a counsel with that should-be-exalted-man. I also got to see the Jackhammer... :) Always lots of fun!


I have a good feeling for this upcoming transfer, we have people preparing for baptism, which is a great blessing, also a ward and branch that support us fully. And with being able to Skype at the beginning of this transfer, should make it a good one. We are thinking of Skyping around 6? Would that work for you guys? I am so excited for Sunday! Thank you all for your undying support and love for me. I love you all and excited to see you face to face.


Love,
Elder Browning




Canadian Moose




Driving to Calgary


No comments:

Post a Comment