Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, April 14, 2014

Start of the 3rd Quarter

April 14, 2014

Hello family,

I have hit a year. That was a very interesting day... I had many mixed emotions going through my head, such were: "Was that just a year?" "It took that long, and I am only halfway?!" "I think this is going to go too fast..." "Hmm... I hope this next year goes fast, too." All of these I pondered about for the majority of the day. To be honest, it wasn't a very fun-loving-extraordinary-day that I would have hoped for. Just one of those days, I guess. I kept re-picturing me entering the MTC on the beautiful spring day in 2013. ;) But, I am now passed that, and ready to start playing in "regulation" again.

We had a good week full of great memories. On Saturday, we were blessed to pick up two new gators. This is the first time where we have gotten two in one day. What a great blessing and extra motivation that has been. They both come from interesting circumstances, but we feel like they can really start to progress. We have return appointments for this upcoming week.

Another great thing that we had happen to us this week, is we have someone preparing for baptism on May 3rd! His name is Greg and is from the family ward that we cover. He has been a gator for quite awhile now, really sweet guy. He is full of potential. We taught him the Restoration, it took over two hours to teach it, and we didn't even finish! He had so many questions that he wanted answered right then. We invited him to be baptized, once he realized the importance of it. He gladly accepted. I love those moments, when you get to teach prepared people.

Since it has started to warm up, if you call 5 degrees C warm, we have to start walking. So that is what we did, to walk our area, it took us over 3 hours to get to just one side! Lots of street contacting along the way, which is one of my personal favorite things to do. You get to get out and meet the people of Canada. Medicine Hat is a really neat city, especially downtown, so it was lots of fun. We met a lot of interesting people, placed a few B.O.Ms, and even got a picture or two. My feet started to hurt me quite a bit, though. My arches were killing me. So, I bought some inserts that should help. But that won't keep me away from spreading the good news on foot.

I am excited to be on my 3rd quarter, only one more left after this one. That is bizarre to me. Where has the time gone? I love you all so much. Thank you for the love and support you show me. I am excited to see what happens this week, lots of good things in the works. Stay tuned for the updates next week!

Love,
Elder Browning

:)



Meet Stan. 
Extremely nice man who we found on the streets. He wanted me to try out his fedora.



Me after one year on the mish.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment