Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, April 7, 2014

Halftime

April 7, 2014

Hello family,

Has this time really come? The time when I turn a year in the mission. This whole last week has been full of flashbacks that I either don't want to remember at all, or times that make me smile. The thoughts of leaving my family, friends, and comfort of "normal" living scared me. I didn't think I would be able to do it. I was scared, but, as the Lord says in John 14:18, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." It was a special time in my life to leave the nest, so to speak, and spread out my wings and fly a little. What a journey it has been.

Now that I am a little more experienced with flying and being on my own, I have enjoyed my time immensely. The things I have been able to learn, people I have been able to meet, and places I get to go, are just top notch. I would not trade my mission for the world. I never thought I could love people so deeply and want to share this message with them, which will bless them, as it has for me.

This, however, does not mean that it was all fun and games, as Dad would say. It has been one of he hardest years of my life. But hey, that is now behind me! I get to look to the future of this next year, which will go faster than the one previous. I am a little hesitant to think that I will be home next April. That comes too quickly. I am trying to enjoy it one step at a time.

Enough of that sappy stuff for now, time for some real-life missionary work. We have really trying to meet with our gators more than once a week. Consistency is what we feel they need to be able to progress. With General Conference and a meeting in Calgary, a lot of our time was cut short. We tried to use it the best we could, though. This next week we have some ambitious goals that we have set, that we feel we can achieve. It wont be easy, but it is what needs to be done. Time to get to work.

With General Conference now behind us, it has given me some more fuel to my fire to go out and tell the world what we have to share. I saw in Conference, what Dad did. They told us to be obedient to the Prophets and Apostles, to listen, and heed to their council. How great is it that we can 100% trust in those inspired men to lead us, in a world of mixed emotions and opinions. Gives me great comfort.

When Thursday rolls around, I am not sure what I will think or feel. But I know that I still have a while to go, and I am excited for this upcoming year. I have changed as a person, as I have seen the Gospel change people. Jesus Christ is our Saviour, Redeemer, and Advocate to the Father. I have loved coming to a firm knowledge of my relationship with Him, and where I stand. I stand on the Rock, which is Christ.

Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment