Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fruits of Our Labors

March 11, 2014


What's happening?!


This week we were blessed with a new gator! This has been a long time coming, but it finally came. The way we were able to find this gator was through, you guessed it, Mormon hot chocolate. On Wednesday, we tried this finding idea out again. It was really cold that day, in the -20's, so we thought it would be a perfect day for some free hot chocolate. In the start of the morning, we talked with a lot of people, a few took the survey, but no promising gators. Since it was so cold, we had to go in and warm up quickly, while we came back out. There was a guy out there filling up a cup of that delicious hot coco. We rushed over to talk with this guy, he seemed generally interested. We invited him to come inside for some free waffles. He couldn't deny that! I was able to talk with him, while the Jackhammer was with other Elders running the stand. As I talked with him, he expressed a lot of interest in the church. I taught him half of the Restoration, then he asked if he could come to church. I was pretty taken back... I didn't know what to say! Haha, I was struggling to answer simply, yes.


Once our new gator left, I was on cloud 9. We both fasted for a new gator just a few days prior. Funny how that always happens? The Lord really helped us out when we put the effort and faith forward. It was a great experience! We are planning on teaching him sometime this week. He is prepared, let me tell you. He started to look for a religion he told me, then he ran into us. He even commented how he thought that was strange.


This last Friday was MLC. So we got to drive up to Calgary, the meeting was great. But the best part about it, was after the meeting, we got to run over to the Dirty to see some recent converts. Nya, Tiruk, and Goaner. When they opened the door, they were super surprised! It was so awesome to see that they are still strong in the gospel. There was so much joy in seeing those kids again. That's how I feel about all of the people that I have been able to help come closer to Christ. Made me really love my mission. I don't even know what I am going to feel like when I go home... Don't want to think about that.


Transfers are coming up in 2 weeks. They're coming up real fast. Hey, maybe I'll stay another here! Wouldn't that be sweet. Anyway, I love you all, and I'm doing great. God speed.


Love,
Elder Browning


Mormon hot chocolate.




Windy Lethbridge.




Red Rock Coulee P-day hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment