Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Glory Days

November 5, 2013

Hey, hey, hey! It's Elder Browning!

Haha, how is everyone doing? I hope that Halloween was a success. As far for me, Halloween was mainly driving up to Calgary. We left Lethbridge around 4 pm because we had to be in Calgary between 6 and 7 that night. I was really excited to be able to go back to Calgary and be in that great city that I love. The drive up there was very boring, no cool scenery or anything spectacular. Just the same old deer and the occasional moose. Yes, moose. We pulled into the mission home around 6, which was cool. We put our stuff down, President bought us some Canadian style pizza, and then we were able to go play basketball at the near by church building. This was the best part of the day for sure, especially because NBA usually starts on Halloween night. After ball, we went home and chatted a bit then went to sleep. It was weird being in the mission home again, it reminded me of my first night in Canada.

The next morning Sister Nicholas made us a wonderful breakfast, which we needed, because of the long meeting ahead of us. This was my first experience at MLC. Basically it was just a zone conference, with less people. One thing that I will never forget that happened- I got a bloody nose! I had to jump up while President was talking and go to the washroom. I was pretty frustrated. It wouldn't stop bleeding either! I was in there for at least 30 minutes, when I was finally able to join the meeting again. President asked if I needed a transfusion... He was joking of course, but I really was annoyed with myself. Things happen. It was more of that humble pie that I talked about months ago. Remember that?

We were able to learn a lot and be able to have new ideas to spread throughout our individual zones. After MLC was over, I was able to go back to the Dirty to get some of my stuff that I left behind. It was so cool to be able to go there and see a lot of familiar places to me. Relive the glory days. E. Maxwell said, "I know why they call it the Dirty now..." Ha, it is true. I didn't realize that the east really was super dirty. That's all I knew when I was serving there. I got to see my boy, E. Wilkes! It was so awesome to be able to catch up, and discuss how the area is going. The more and more I talk about it, the more I want to go back there. I love it so much. I love the Dirty!

I will be praying for Elise and her family tomorrow. I know it is going to be a hard time. I remember how hard it was on me. But, guess what, it gets way better. Missionary work is really something that you can't explain. It is so worth it, and I don't want to be doing anything besides what I am doing now. Lethbridge is on the up and up with work. We are really starting to be able to find more people. Hopefully we should be having a baptism here in a few weeks. Have a great week at home. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Browning


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



First snow in Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment