Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

SNOW?! Yep, I'm in Canada

October 29, 2013


Hello from Canuck land!

It has been a really cold week. We also had another slow week with a lot of cancellations. All week we were hearing that it was going to snow on Sunday. I didn't believe them. I was sadly wrong when I woke up Sunday morning. All you could see outside was white, wind, and a lot of snow piling up. It felt like Christmas to be honest. This was the first time I have seen negative degrees on my mission as well. It reached -11, with a wind chill that made it feel like -22. I only had a sweater and my spring jacket. I was freezing! There's something about Canada's wind that just makes you want to stop living when it hits you. Sounds dramatic, but it's true. Good thing that I was able to buy a good coat yesterday. I think it looks snazzy, plus it is warm! I got it on sale too, so I am well pleased. Ha, take that winter!

This last week was a little interesting. On Saturday, we had interviews with President Nicholas. E. Maxwell and I were the last people to get interviewed in the zone. By the time we left interviews, we had another companion. Yeah... It was a tense moment when President called E. Maxwell and I back in, then told us that we will be having another companion join us for most likely the rest of the transfer. I was shocked, and I didn't know what to say. It was a very awkward car ride home with the Elder that was going home. We took him to where the president was staying, then said goodbye, and now we are officially on a three-leg. I tell you this story because how much it has affected me. Seeing the Elder go home, was really hard for me. It made me think of how much I love my mission, how I don't want any regrets, and work my hardest to make the best of it. So, it should be an interesting rest of the transfer with 3 of us, and two area's to cover.


I am getting really excited for Halloween, not because of the candy or pumpkin carving. The reason I am so excited for it is because we get to travel up to Calgary for a meeting the next day. I can't wait to get back to Calgary. I really love that place, and this will be my first MLC (Mission Leadership Council). I am hoping to be able to go back to the east to see my recent converts that I wasn't able to be there for their baptism. Plus, MLC will be a full day of learning from President. We basically get the whole day to learn what President learned at his recent Mission President Seminar in Kansas City last week. Where he was told what is coming to change about missionary work by the twelve. Hopefully there will be some big announcements. That is what we are all hoping for. Just think, iPad Minis! :)

I love you all. Have a "spooky" week, like mom said, and don't forget to eat some American candy for me. Remember to pray for me this upcoming week. We are focusing on having our gators progress. It will take a lot of effort and God's help to make this happen. Until next time! :)

Love,
Elder Browning.2

No comments:

Post a Comment