Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

End of the First Quarter


October 8, 2013


Hello family!
Wow, what a great week we have been able to have. General Conference was absolutely wonderful. I have never enjoyed listening to talks so much before. I took so many notes, almost a whole book worth! ;) I really can’t wait for April already. Every talk seemed like it was for me, or the people in our teaching pool. It really was an amazing weekend. During Priesthood session, the whole time I was just thinking about Dad, Brooks, and Alex sitting nice and cozy in the Conference Center. I remembered all of the good times we had. But, I got over it as I listened to the talks. Wasn't conference amazing?
Some other big news is that I am being transferred. I am really sad to leave the east, for this feels like home. It really does. I got the transfer notice in my emails this morning, telling me that I will be going south. This means I will probably be in some po-dunk town which will be a big change from the east. I will find out my new area and companion tomorrow. I will also be turning six months on Thursday. Where has the time gone? I have been here for a long time, I don't want to leave, but I know the Lord has bigger plans for me somewhere else. All I can do is pray that I will find the people that have been prepared for me in that specific area.
We kinda had a funny but intimidating experience yesterday. After District meeting, we went to a nearby gas station to get some brown water. It was lunch hour, so all of the kids from the two local high schools were out. As we were walking into the store, the kids started making fun of us and using some interesting words about us. Some of the kids even threatened to beat us up. We decided to just leave the bad situation. At one point, I really thought one of us was going to get jumped because they were getting into our faces and just going off. I am glad there was more than just me and Wilkes. If they would have jumped us, we would've been able to invoke the powers of heaven and have some way cool rebuke like Joseph Smith or something. Too bad, eh? ;)
One thing that I am really bummed about is that since I am getting transferred to the south, I wont be able to make it to Nyagoa, Tiruk, and Goaner's baptism. We have been teaching this wonderful Sudanese family. They are so awesome! We have become really close, and they will be baptized on Saturday but I will be leaving Wednesday. It was hard enough saying goodbye to them yesterday. It will be really hard.
That does it for my epistle. I am excited but nervous about leaving. It will be a great opportunity to grow and learn. "I will go where you want me to go dear Lord." Everything happens for a reason. Have a great week back at home. I love you all!
Hurrah For Israel,
Elder Browning.2




 
 The family that will be baptized on Saturday. 
I will miss them... :(





Tiruk and Goaner at conference with me



No comments:

Post a Comment