Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, September 30, 2013

Bind the Lord


September 30, 2013


Hello again family and friends,
This week has been one of the best for me on the mish. Although, the weather is starting to get really cold. I am thinking of buying a winter coat very soon. They say snow should start falling next week. This won’t be fun at all, but reminds me of home. I will be asking around on where to buy the nicest, but least expensive coat. At times like this, I wish I were in California where I don't have to spend 500 dollars on a coat. Lame.
E. Wilkes and I decided to make this week one full of finding. We were thinking of finding ideas that would be beneficial for our area. We decided to take a survey approach. E. Wilkes got a survey from a book that he has, which is great. It has 10 simple questions about families and their beliefs in God. It gets the people to start thinking about their personal beliefs, and it works really well. We spend a few hours in the new branch area, and we were able to find a good amount of gators. We have been blessed so much with finding new people. This survey is GOLD! We figured that we got in 1 in every 3 houses. We met some really cool peeps while doing it. Put forth the work, then the Lord is bound to bless you.
We were able to speak in the Branch this week. It was a great opportunity to get the members on board with missionary work plus build their trust with us. In my talk, I talked how we are able to "bind" the Lord to gain blessings. Like it says in Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21, all of blessings we receive come from obeying some law. In the branch, we need to obey the Lord's commandments, to gain blessings, such as re-activating, and gaining more members. This applies to anyone. If you want some sort of blessing, you must bind the Lord by doing some smaller blessings, reading scriptures daily, church, and prayer. He will have to bless you. It is Eternal Law.
I hope you all have a great week. I love you all. I am loving my mish. I will be leaving the Dirty East soon... Transfers are coming up in 9 days. I am not excited to leave, and I hope I get to stay. But, it will be nice to get to see more of the mission, then just the east. Hope you all are having fun watching lots of football, and trying to stay warm.
Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment