Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, September 23, 2013

Falling Back


September 23, 2013


Hey family and friends,
I can’t believe that fall is now upon us. Every morning is a struggle for me to get out of bed, because of how cold it is in the mornings. My bed, isn't the softest thing, but it feels like I am sleeping on billowing warm clouds, compared to getting out of bed. It is hard enough to wake up. You guys know me, I am the not a morning person WHATSOEVER. It really is the most difficult thing to do... for me. Dad, remember me in the mornings? Haha, you would always find me in bed snoozing away, he would then point to his watch (as if he is actually reading the time), exclaim "Josh, it is 10:30! What are you doing still in bed?!" Ha, that was my life. I would then always try to combat it with some lame excuse, "Oh, I have been awake since 7, I just fell back asleep..." Yeah, nope. Haha, makes me laugh thinking of those times.
This week has been a little slower. We weren't able to come close to our weekly goals, cold weather, and lots of rain. It was still a week full of missionary work, but not as much as we would like. This upcoming week looks much more promising, we are planning on contacting every potential, and former gator in our area book. We really need to start finding some more people for our teaching pool.
My time is ticking down in the Dirty East. I am not looking forward to leaving at all. I have been here for 5 months now, when I leave it will be 6. I love the east so much. The members are so great. Some of my dearest friends I have ever made have been members and non-members I have met while in the east. Let me stay!
We were able to help with the annual food drive for the entire city of Calgary that the church puts on. All of the missionaries in the East Zone were asked to be at the Stake Center early Saturday morning to help unload the routes that people were going around and picking up. I couldn't believe the amount of food that was given, and not just from members, but from everyone. We were there for a good 5 hours unloading cars filled to the brim with food donations. It was great too see the generosity of the people of Calgary. The city food bank counted all of the food that night, and they said they had over 400,000 lbs. of food donated to them. The East Stake did 44,000 lbs. alone. That's a lot of food... :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! Go enjoy yourself with fly fishing, too bad I can’t come. Uh... I'm SO sad that I can’t do my favorite thing, fish. Darn it. ;) But really, go do something fun. You're too stressed with mermaids and what not. Not to mention stake business. Everyone needs to take a day off--make tomorrow yours. You deserve it!
Love,
Elder Browning



Typical Cholos!



That's a lot of food!


No comments:

Post a Comment