Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Brush That Dirt Off Your Shoulder


October 16, 2013


Hey family... long time, no talk,

Haha, well I have been transferred to... Drum Roll... Lethbridge! I didn't want to leave Calgary, but if I was going to, I wanted to go to the Bridge. Now I am here. Tender mercies I guess. Wednesday morning was a really busy one, with packing, making sure I had everything, then said a few last goodbyes before I bounced. It was hard saying goodbye, but it had to happen sometime. We loaded our luggage in the mission vans, jumped in, then headed for the south. It was a 2.5 hour drive, pretty long. By the time we hit Lethbridge, I was happy to be here. It is very different from Calgary, and something that I didn't expect. We shuffled in the transfer station and eagerly waited to here where we were all going. Then I heard my name, then these words "Lethbridge West". I was pretty excited. :)

My new comp is Elder Maxwell, from Enoch, UT. I will be killing him this transfer, yes Mom, I'm a murderer. Haha, no, it's just mission lingo, meaning he goes home in November. We get along well, which is good, plus we stay busy. We cover a YSA ward. Lethbridge has a college and a University so there are a lot of YSA wards. It is a big change from a family ward, but also lots of fun. The members and leaders here are so with it! They understand missionary work and how it works. I am really loving it. Such a change from the east.

This last Monday was Thanksgiving for Canada. It really was a slow week for us. All of the YSA people were gone, they just vanished. I was, however, able to experience my first Canadian Thanksgiving dinner. Basically just a nice dinner, but they didn't even have turkey. Anyway, that whole Monday we had nothing to do, President moved our P-day to Tuesday, because of the holiday, no one was home, we spent most of the day calling and doing zone things. It was really a boring day. Thanksgiving isn't that big of a deal here, so I don't even want to think how slow Christmas season is going to be... Not looking forward to that.

Well, that's the big news. I am really enjoying being somewhere different, meeting a lot of new people, and getting to know the other half of the mission. I am trying my best to make everyday count. The winter is coming really fast, so I will be needing to buy a winter coat soon. It has been 0 degrees for the past week. Yikes... Bring it on! ;) Anyway, have a great week back at home. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Browning.2


 My grandson!



 Saying goodbye to Black Momma...



E. Stewart, AKA, Uncle Stewie. 
Been around him my whole mish. Not anymore! :(


 


No comments:

Post a Comment