Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happiest Place on Earth...Calgary Temple


September 3, 2013


Hello!
Well, we were able to have another great week in Canada. I loved seeing and hearing the stories of fishing up at the Hudman's lake. I miss fighting to NOT go fishing. Yes, I miss you guys that much. ;) Hopefully everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. Fall is coming very quick in Canada, the leaves are already changing colors. I will be experiencing my first Canadian winter soon. Bring it.
The first highlight of the week was that E. Wilkes and I were able to go to the Calgary temple. We have been trying to find a ride from a member in the ward for awhile now, we finally got that chance. The Calgary temple is gorgeous! It has a wonderful view, plus the inside is magnificent. It really is a small temple but it makes it feel more warm and like home. As we were in the Endowment session, I was at peace. I have missed going to the temple weekly. I had a cool moment, when this thought came into my head, "We baptize, so they can have the opportunity to go to the temple." I never thought of missionary work more than baptism, but it is way more than that. It all clicked. I now have a more focused and goal driven missionary mindset. This is why I LOVE the temple. We are revamped and ready to preach, teach, and baptize.
We had a lesson with Margii on Friday, since she will be getting baptized this Saturday, we are trying to see her more often. We got a brother from the branch to come with us and he thought it would be a good thing to bring his wife. We got there, Margii began to tell us how she has been feeling very depressed lately. Since it is her late husbands passing away anniversary on Sept. 1st, she told us the whole story, with emotion like I've never seen from her before. She was sobbing as she told the heart wrenching story. Luckily, the brother we took with us had his wife there. She was able to comfort her. So glad he followed the prompting to bring her a long. After her story, it was amazing to be able to testify about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It really hit home to all of us in that room. She told us after that she felt 100 times better. Wonderful lesson.
E. Wilkes and I have been having some interesting times. I feel like the Lord is really protecting us. On Sunday, we had multiple times where I know that the Lord protected us. It has been a really cool experience. Don't worry, nothing life threatening, just some different "events". Your prayers really are working! One "event" that sticks out in my mind, was we were at a stoplight, waiting to turn left, we were in a hurry, so I didn't know why E. Wilkes took awhile to get going when it finally turned green, but I didn't say anything. Out of nowhere a car came flying through the intersection! If we would've gone, we would've been T-boned by a car going over 80 KM/H. Yes, we need your prayers. :)
I know it was a longer email, I can get pretty carried away sometimes haha. I am loving the mish. All is well with me. Have a great week everyone! I love you all, thanks for the support and prayers in my behalf. Hurrah!
Love,
Elder Browning.2


Calgary Temple





Nice view, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment