Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

God's Hand


May 21, 2013



Hey Family and Friends!

This week has been a wonderful week. Elder Bickmore and I have seen some pretty amazing miracles. It is amazing what will happen if you have faith, sincere prayer, and trust in the Lord. He will then show unto you his hand in ALL things.
First off, we have been praying for a new investigator. I have been a little discouraged because some of our older investigators haven't been progressing like we would like them too. I was praying (my new favorite hobby) and asked specifically for a new investigator this week. The next day, while we were studying, we got a call from a man named Frank. He recently moved from Nebraska to here, and told us straight up that he wanted to be baptized! I couldn't believe what he was saying. He is originally from Liberia, but is now a US citizen. We have been meeting with him a lot to prepare him for that wonderful moment where he will enter the waters of baptism. There is no greater joy than bringing people, like Frank, closer to Christ and into this gospel. This has been a really big morale booster for us, as you could probably guess. He is on date for June 1st. This could be my first baptism.
Another thing that usually doesn't happen is, on Sunday there were 4 non-members at church. Guess what? We only brought one of them, and that was Frank. The members of this ward love missionary work. They actually act on it too. They have a sincere desire to go out and find people. So, we potentially picked up three new investigators! Ah, so cool!!!
I was feeling really down the last two weeks because no one listens or wants to listen to us. We have been getting more doors in the face, then a nice hello. I think the Lord wants me to experience what it is like to NOT be liked. We must trust in Him and that is something that I need to work on more. As we do so, He will bless us beyond we could ever hope for.
Now lets talk about Xxxx... Ha, you're probably going to hear that name a lot in my future emails. Xxxx was a referral from the last missionary who was in this ward. He is a "rough" character let’s just say. On the last teaching record we found this about him, it said: "Can't find him, because he is in Edmonton running from the cops." Mmm.... Encouraging! Haha,he has been in a lot of tough situations in his life. He was in a gang, and has three tear drop tattoos next to his eyes. This usually means that he has killed three people. We told President Nicholas about him and he said that we should continue to teach him, but when he is baptized, he needs approval from the First Presidency. He is currently on bail for something. Not sure what, but he is. Other missionaries like to hear our stories about Xxxx, and for good reason! Ha, but he is a super guy. Very geniune, wants to learn about this church, and respects us for what we do. Heck, he is nicer to us than most people around here. But anyway, that is one of the reasons they call our area the "Dirty East".
Anyway, I hope that everyone back at home is enjoying this wonderful weather that we have been getting. I am enjoying Canada, the people, and the food is getting better. ;) My testimony of miracles has grown 10X. I know without a doubt that there are angels watching out for Elder Bickmore and I. I have gotten reassurance that this is where I need to be at this time and I am supposed to be bringing the good news to the people of Calgary. I want everyone to heed this message that I carry so dear to my heart. I am doing fine, I have the Lord on my side. There is no other work that is greater than this. I love the opportunity that I have to be involved at this great time.
Have a great week back at home, I love you all so much. :)
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Browning



Waiting for the bus in the rain :)




 Getting down and dirty! We helped start one of our investigators gardens.




That is Anthony! That is whose garden we help start. Yeah man, he is my bro.





This is what we have every morning... Mom, I know you would apprieciate this ;)




We got a lot of food dropped off to us by a member in the ward! We were pretty happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment