Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Spirit Comes Through Every Time

February 9, 2015

Hello family,
This week was full of exchanges. I sometimes wish we were able to be in our own area for a longer time than just the weekend, but whatever. The weather has been very weird. One day there is white on the ground and the next morning there is no sign of any snow. The winter has been very mild compared to last year’s -56 C. But hey, I am not complaining!

We were able to have a good amount of teaching appointments, even if we were gone almost the whole week. We have a lot of investigators right now that are on the brink of baptism. It is something that has taught me that the Lord has His own time table for those we teach. We had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators on Saturday night. We have been teaching her for a while now, but it is starting to make sense to her. We invited her to be baptized, she said she has to think about it, and she even fasted for a date to be baptized on! We were so happy, cloud nine for sure. The spirit was able to guide Elder Kelly and I, it built my testimony of never giving up on someone. She said she will tell us her decision by this week. We are hoping and praying that she has felt the spirit confirm to her that this is all true.

At times when I feel like a certain investigator is "stuck", the spirit is able to work with them to help them to not just get unstuck, but to help them progress forward. Lately in my studies I have been focusing on how the Holy Ghost is the teacher. We are just there to be the messenger, if you will. My favourite thing to do is to testify as a missionary, I get a confirmation that what I have been teaching is true, without fail. It is all possible through the Comforter. This is why we have to be obedient, so we can teach with the spirit. So when we have times like we did last Saturday, not knowing how to get her to progress, the spirit can take over.

Well we have another great week ahead of us. We will be in Cardston, the other Lethbridge zones, and maybe even Medicine Hat. Keep praying that I will be able to teach with the best tool we have; the spirit. I love you all.

Hurrah for Israel,
Elder Browning III



Built upon the rock.


Big Green Truck




This is who I got to go on exchanges with, Elder Barlow.


No comments:

Post a Comment