Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, March 23, 2015

Clutch Time

March 23, 2015
 
Hello family,

It was a stellar week in Canada. Elder Kelly and I stayed healthy and busy all week. Now that spring is upon us, the weather gets grim, of course, it is Canada… But this didn’t interfere with B-Town and Kelzer! We had missionary work to do.

Angela’s baptism was such a good experience. We had a very good turnout, so I tip my hat to the Westbridge Ward. We had so many people; we had to use almost all of the seats in the building. As we filled up the font, which takes a while, I began to think about how blessed I have been on my mission. The people I have been able to teach, the people I have been able to see be baptized, and the spiritual experiences that come along with it are just a few of the tender mercies I have received. The baptism started on time, and when Angela was in the water, and came back up, she had the biggest smile on her face. Later on that night she told us that when she first walked in the water she felt normal, but when she came back up, she felt “new”. It was a perfect baptismal service, with no hiccups or interruptions, it just went… perfectly.

I am seeing the clock tick down on the 4th quarter of my mission, and realizing that I don’t have as much time as I thought. These final moments, or minutes, shows my true character as a missionary. Am I going to throw in the towel now, am I going to start being disobedient, because what are they going to do? Send me home? President told me that now is the time you are most effective, so don’t throw it away. It is clutch time!

Elder Kelly is doing a good job on keeping me focused and busy. I am not trunky, but I can’t help but think about it. It is inevitable, that is what every missionary, member and their dog like to talk to me about, home. But I know that this isn’t a time to dwell on the fact that I have been out for 23 months, but dwell on my purpose is still the same, whether it was my first day in the field, or the last. This is what is keeping that spark alive in me. Hoo-rah!!!

We are looking forward to this week, as we will be traveling throughout the mission for various meetings and exchanges. This is going to make time run by, and I won’t be able to catch up to it. Keep praying for Elder Kelly and I, we need it. Love you!

Hurrah for Israel,
Elder Browning III


Angela's baptism



These are the programs we made for her. 
Don't be too shocked... I was crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment