Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, January 19, 2015

No Effort is Wasted

January 19, 2015

Hello family,

Transfer week is finally over. I am going to be staying for at least another transfer, which I am really excited about. Elder Kelly and I are going to be very busy, just like last transfer, and that flew by. I am always blown away how time seems to pickup.

With our area, things aren't seeming to go they way we wanted. Our miracle investigator has run in with some problems with her family at home. They are devout Catholic, since being from Brazil that makes sense, and they are adamant that she does NOT get baptized while in Canada. It was pretty discouraging to hear, but she continues to impress us on how quick she is learning and understanding the gospel. She loves to pray and it sounds like she has been a member her whole life. She tells us how excited she is to share the Book of Mormon with her family, even if they are opposed now. Any reading assignments we give her, she reads them as soon as she gets home. So cool.

On Saturday we were able to go to the baptism of Tami. She was that other Brazilian miracle that Elder Engstrom and I street contacted a month or two ago. The whole time at the baptism, I realized how any effort that we put in, it never goes unnoticed. I have never seen someone progress towards baptism that all started from a street contact. So many times you feel like tracting doors and talking to people on the streets is just getting you no where. Well, I am here to tell you that is wrong! Amazing things happen as we put forth our faith and trust in the Lord.

Now we have another week of some good travel time. We have zone conferences for the next two weeks, which means that we get to travel the mission. I miss being able to work in an area and only focus on that. Oh well, good things will happen.

Have a great week at home. Thanks for the awesome emails, I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing. Love you all!

Hurrah For Israel,
Elder Browning III


  I got to go visit Margii while we were in Calgary. I loved being able to visit with her. What a cool experience to be able to see how she is still strong and building her faith. Loved every second of it.




Tami's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment