Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

19 Tender Mercies


August 6, 2013



Hello family!
Yes, I am emailing on Tuesday again. We couldn't email because it was a national holiday in Canada. They call it "Civic Holiday". They just wanted a day off in August I guess. Hopefully we will be able to email on Mondays again soon.
This week has been a great one. We were able to teach a total of 19 lessons! That is the most I have ever done, by far, and the most that the area Valley View has had since February, 2012. E. Wilkes and I have been working are "bums" (just for Mom) off. We made a goal to teach 20 lessons. We came close, but I am extremely happy with 19. When we put in the  effort, it is great to see the Lord help us with lessons actually going through. It was great! We are now raising our goal this week to 25... It is a high goal, but we have enough people to teach to achieve that. We have to remember, obedience brings blessings.
Last night we had a cool experience. It has been awhile since we have found a new gator. So, in my personal, and companionship prayer, I prayed specifically for someone for us to find and teach. Right after we said amen, got in bed, then 2 minutes later our phone buzzed. It was a referral from the Church HQ! In the texts it says that they are very interested, and want to know more. We were stoked. E. Wilkes then said that in his personal prayers he also asked for a new gator. Amazing how the Lord answers prayers.
I will be turning 4 months on Saturday. It isn't that long, but it feels like it has been a month. I really don't know how this has gone so fast. That is an eighth of my mission, done! Hearing about Tanner, how he only has 7 months left makes me trunky, but I am also sad that his experience is coming to an end. I hope to make these short two years the best they can be. No regrets.
I love you all, have a great week. Enjoying the last few summer nights. Canada is already getting cold. Every morning I have to wear my hoodie, because our apartment is freezing! I am not looking forward to the cold...
I really do miss everyone. But, I am loving my time here. There is no where else I would rather be.
Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment