Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, August 19, 2013

1 Baptized, 1 Confirmed


August 19, 2013


Hello family!
Great to hear that Cecily-bo-beciliy is now a McDonald. Congrats to the happy/cute couple. :) I hope it was everything Cec ever imagined. Too bad Tanner and I couldn't be there. If it was anything like Carly's wedding, we missed out! Now a little word to Shadzie... Yo girl, you better wait until I'm back, don't go marrying the first "hunk" you see. Nobody got time for that! ;)
This week has been a good one. We weren't able to come close to our goal with lessons, but we go to baptize Frank! He was kind enough to ask me to do the ordinance. We had the baptismal service on Saturday, I was really nervous, but it all worked out great. Nobody from the ward really showed up, which was a real bummer, but the whole zone was there. Like I said, I was shaking in my boots. I wanted to get this right the first time. When I walked in the water and raised my arm to the square, the nerves went away. I felt calm and peaceful. A moment I will not forget. I said the prayer, then Frank was baptized. I felt like I was fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the evening! On Sunday, Frank was confirmed by E. Wilkes. He was really worried, but he did a great job. Frank is now the newest member of the church. Boo yah!
The Lord has really blessed our companionship lately. Despite not getting a lot of lessons this week, we have been really getting to know each other better, which is helping while we are out and about. E. Wilkes is such a great guy! It is great to get along with your companion. I really am loving my time with him. We're always making each other laugh, we teach well together, and we love our area. Amazing what getting along with one another can do. I'm sure our relationship will last beyond the mish.
We wanted to find some new gators. So, we decided to go to the area book. We called all of the former and potential gators. It was a little nerve racking, but it was very beneficial. No one was answering so it was a little disappointing. I said a prayer in my heart as we called this last person. Low and behold, they answered! Not to mention that they were really interested. I felt like that part in the movie, "The Best Two Years", when that guy calls, and they all look up towards heaven and that "Hallelujah" song starts playing. That is exactly what happened. We went and visited her. She is from Sudan, has like 5 kids, all way cool, and the whole family wants to learn more. Like E. T Browning said in his email, you have to have faith, then do the work. I did a couple of satisfying fist pumps when she agreed to have us come over.
Between that and Frank's baptism, I have been one happy missionary. I have been sick all week, too. I have a nasty headache and sore throat. But that will not stop the Lord's work! Onward, christian soldiers. I love you all and have a great week/day.
Love,
Elder Browning.2



"The field is white, already to harvest..." ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment