Calgary skyline

Calgary skyline

Monday, June 10, 2013

1 Down, 16 More To Go


June 10, 2013


Sup family?!
I hope that everyone is getting into the summer spirit back at home. It is finally starting to warm up here. It got up to like 21 on Sunday, pretty great! I'd rather be cold then hot any day, I guess that's why the Lord sent me here. I have loved being able to stay dry while we walk, what a relief!
Oh, Happy Birthday to Miss Madi on Wednesday! Nope, you're not turning 16 yet. You can’t be that old. It feels like yesterday when I could start dating, now little baby Madison can? Not on my watch! ;) Hey, Mom and Dad, you should make a new rule in the family: NO DATING BEFORE 18. I like the sound of that. ;) With two of her older brothers gone, she might get away with a lot. Brooks, you have got a big job now... don't let me and Tanner down. Haha, I hope you have a wonderful "sweet-sixteen". Although, I can’t believe you're that old yet... It'll take me awhile to have it sink in completely. ;)
This last Wednesday was transfers. I have been through six weeks already. Wow! Where does the time go? I didn't get transferred, neither did E. Bickmore. So, we have another six weeks of working in the East! I am really glad that I get to stay here for I have come to love the people of this ward/area. Gotta make these weeks count.
Thank you so much for the package that you sent up! I was very getty to get one full of goodies. I have been wanting Cheese-Wiz, because they don’t have it in Canada. Almost everything you sent me, you can’t get here. You must've followed the spirit, Mom. :)
Our teaching pool is slowly getting smaller, or at least it feels like it is. We have been trying to contact Dyson for a good two weeks now yet he seems to never be home. That has been the story of most of our Gators. It has been pretty disheartening to have them not want to meet with us. What can you do? You can’t make them do anything, it is all up to them. That's a lesson that I have been learning while on my mission. Everyone has free agency, everyone. Some missionaries like to force feed people the Gospel and make them take it but that isn’t the way Christ did it. So, that isn’t the way we should go about things. I am still learning to have patience with those people who are hesitant. We just need to love them and trust in the Lord. He knows what He is doing.
Anthony (the cool Jamaican), cooked us up the best meal I have had on my mission so far. It was soooo goood. Ha, he is planning on opening a Jamaican restaurant one of these days. As far as the gospel goes with him, he is still coming along slowly. We have taught him all of the lessons, we are seeing him everyday, and he is coming to church. I don’t know why he doesn’t want to be baptized yet??? Oh yeah, I just talked about patience... He will be baptized, though. I am sure of it!
Anyway, I am doing wonderful. I am enjoying what everyday brings, I am getting the hang of things more, and I am strengthening my testimony of this restored gospel every step of the way. This is His work and I love being His representative for the people of Canada. Thank you all for giving me the support to push through the hard times. But hey, it's good for me, eh? I love you all, and have a great week!
Elder Browning.2




Calgary East Zone! (last p-day all together)




American food!




This is what Anthony cooked up for us. Amazing...


No comments:

Post a Comment